It’s official, the holiday season is here. Lights are being hung, houses are being decorated and Christmas lists are being made. Wednesday afternoon Michelle and I will be loading the car and heading to Abilene to spend Thanksgiving with family. As I packed my bags tonight I was reminded that by this time next year we will be living and ministering in Austin. It's exciting to consider that by next Thanksgiving the dream of Southern Hills Baptist Church will be a reality. It's also exciting to think about all that God has done in the life of Southern Hills over the past year. As a church plant team we have a lot to be thankful for. Here are a few things that come to mind:
- We are thankful for the ways that God has continued to bring us together as a team. Through all of the planning and preparing God has strengthened our love for one another and deepened our friendships. We are thankful that God has allowed us to partner together in ministry.
- We are thankful for our families who have supported us since the beginning. We are blessed to have families who are excited about what we are doing and who have been faithful to encourage us along the way. We love you and we are thankful for you.
- We are thankful that God has continued to increase our passion and desire to minister to the people of north Austin.
- We are thankful for the many people who faithfully pray for us and encourage us as we plan and prepare for Southern Hills.
- We are thankful for our Sonrise Baptist Church family. They have helped us grow spiritually and they have taught us what it means to truly "do life together." We cannot express how much we love and appreciate our friends and family at Sonrise.
- We are thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the difference that it has made in our lives. The Gospel is our hope and our message, and we are excited about sharing it with the people of north Austin.
We have a lot to be thankful for. This is a busy time of year, but I hope that you will take time this week to thank God for all of the gifts that He has given you. I pray that you have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
Comments for this post have been disabled